A Liebster award is an award given from one blogger to 11 other bloggers who have under 200 followers. I think this is a perfect idea to raise awareness about blogs which nobody may have really noticed before.
Firstly you must give 11 facts about yourself.
You must then answer 11 questions given by the person who's nominated you.
Lastly you must create your own 11 questions for the 11 people who you nominate to answer, (these 11 bloggers you nominate must have under 200 followers of course)
1. As much as I love my friends I really enjoy nothing more than being by myself every once in a while. Once I've been around people for long periods of time I begin to get slightly aggravated and need some escape time.
2. I LOVE a bargain. Whether this is something in the sale in my favourite stores, something I've won in a bidding war on Ebay or an item I've laid my eyes on in a charity shop.
3. As long as I've had to learn my left and rights, I've always got to make the 'L' shape with my hands to tell which one is which, (super embarrassing when I started my driving lessons).
4. Most people believe in Karma, the idea that those who do bad will have bad in return. I choose to look at it in a slightly more positive angle with the believe and life motto of 'Serendipity' - 'The act of something good happening without you realising'
5. I hum way too much. Even when there is no music playing and most of the time I don't really realise I'm doing it.
6. When I tell my mum things I'm going to do in the future she tells me it's good that I have an amazing imagination but I like the whole idea that if your dreams don't scare you then your not dreaming big enough.
7. I realise most peoples facts have taken a line at a time. I'm not one for being short and simple.
8. From May I'll be on a "Gap Year" before starting University. One of the main reasons for this was that I didn't feel big enough to be leaving home and fending for myself.
9. In relation to number 8, my parents are amazing and literally help me with everything I do. Hopefully travelling in 2014 before going to University will help me with being more individual.
10. I always wish I didn't live in Bristol. If I didn't live here I would want to live here but because I do I can't help wanting more from life. It's such a beautiful place and I think I take that fore granted.
11. As much of a chatterbox that I am, I struggled to think of 11 facts to write about myself, it felt like I was being asked to write about 1000 facts.
Now for answering Beckie's questions.
1. What made you start writing a blog?
Anyone who knows me knows I take photographs of literally everything and love telling stories about day to day life and purchases. Starting my blog felt like a perfect way to combine the two.
2. Do you prefer online shopping or going to the shop?
Tricky one. I always manage to find more when I shop online. I come across so many amazing items that I never would have been able to find in store no matter how hard I tried but then on the other hand I like shopping in store so I can try on the item before I buy it. As much as your told online the models statistics and what size they're wearing, it never looks the same on you as it does on them.
My guilty pleasure as stupid as it sounds it probably the Gangnam Style. Most people I know find this song incredibly annoying but me on the other hand, I have built up a nice little collection of me videoing myself every time the song comes on doing the dance. Although doing one in the college library with my headphones in probably made me look like a nutter and isn't something I'd recommend if you want to make new friends.
4. What beauty product could you not live without?
I couldn't live without my red lipstick! Most people wear the colour red when making a statement or on the odd occasion but I can't get enough of mine and rarely ever leave the house without it on (especially on those Sunday mornings when I'm hungover it's so good to have a bright lippy on to take attention away from your tired looking eyes).
5. How did you come up with your blog name?
A very close friend of mine was once complaining how they would love to be known as a hero when they're no longer alive. I told them that they'll be a hero through someones eyes. At the time I didn't realise how powerful what I said was but now I think you can apply it to anything. Since this was a fashion/beauty blog and I know I stalk so many people (mainly celebrities) to see what products they've recently bought or what they've been wearing I realised that there's probably someone in this world that admires what make up your wearing or what clothes you've put together as an outfit.
6. High end or High street?
Oh I wish my bank balance would allow high end to be the answer to this question so it looks like high street is the only answer I can give. High street stores are now able to produce goods seen on the cat walk which look near enough identical and at a fast pace but with a much smaller price tag. I'm a big fan of 'It's not what you wear but how you wear it' although I would say there is nothing better than setting your outfit off with a high end hand bag.
7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I could answer this question with so many answers of places I dream of going but I've never actually been. I love London but I'd also like to live somewhere slightly warmer. Maybe I'll be able to get back to you on this one after I've travelled a few places next year.
8. What is your favourite make up brand?
I've found that most people seem to stick to one brand religiously, I'm a little more flexible. I try different products and use whatever works for me and for my skin. If I was asked what my favourite lipstick brand was it would have to be MAC handsdown. Whereas if I was asked my favourite brand for foundation I wouldn't be able to answer the same. As good as MAC foundation is to most peoples skin, sadly it does no favours to mine and always brings me out in yucky spots.
9. What is your top skincare product?
There is only one product that comes to mind when I think of skincare. Normally I wouldn't just go for the cheapest product on the market as it normally ends up being no good for your skin but I just love the Simple range, especially their 'kind to skin hydrating light moisturiser" which I apply first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
10. What is your favourite eyeshadow?
"Naked - Urban Decay". I got the pallet for a New year's present and I love it. Although I only ever wear eyeshadows when on a night out. (I would really recommend this product with my favourite shade being 'half baked')
11. Who is your favourite blogger?
Lydia from 'fashioninflux' has to be my favourite blogger. If you haven't already I would really reccomend checking her out at http://fashioninflux.blogspot.co.uk
The lipstick, The girl and her wardrobe
My name is erin
Belle et Beaut
Park Bench Poet
A Dot of Daisy
Blonde But Not Least
Viva La Shoes
The Style Duckling
1. If you could grab an interview with ANYONE to feature on your blog, who would it be and why?
2. What is the reason behind your blog name?
3. What is your most recent beauty product you have purchased?
4. Would you recommend this product and why?
5. What is your favourite store? (High end or high street)
6. Where is your favourite destination you've travelled?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. Who is your favourite blogger?
9. Which celebrity style do you admire most?
10. What is your favourite foundation?
11. I've cut this short by one question seeing as it's pancake day. Go and make yourself some pancakes!